Friday, November 19, 2010

XP home broken CD, and good CD-KEY?

I'm building myself a new rig, with some pretty sweet gear, but I want to know about the OS.



See the thing is that I have bought Dell all my life, and as makes sense I have alot of Dell computers, when Dell sends a computer they give you a Dell disk fo the operating system, that only works in Dell systems!



So here's the problem, I have a valid XP home CD-KEY, but no way of installing it because I don't have any disks that are good (it is broken) and even if I could fix it it would still be a dell disk which only works in dell computers.



So now that you understand the situation, does anyone know how I could possibly install XP home without buying a new XP home and wasting all the money?



(Actually I have two non dell computers, and TWO good XP home CD-KEYs, and I would love to use them)XP home broken CD, and good CD-KEY?
Are the CD keys on the stickers on the Dell computer? If so, they will actually NOT work. If they are just regular Windows XP Home CD keys, then you can use any Windows XP Home CD to install it with. You can even download one off of the Internet (a CD image)...as long as you have a good key, any CD will work.XP home broken CD, and good CD-KEY?
I have needed to get ISO images for myself becuase the original CD is no good anymore. I have gotten Windows XP CD images off of eMule Plus. It is a Peer-2-Peer file sharing program. Try that.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment