Sunday, November 21, 2010

What home theater projector should I buy for under $500?

Ive got some space in a house for the home cinema/gaming area ive always wanted, in america though, where I havent got a clue about anything (I just arrived from england you see) so I was wondering what sort of home projector I can afford for around $400?



Ive seen a few on ebay for $300 that claim to be HD, but I read the specs and its only 640x480 pixels so thats clearly not HD is it.



Price is a key factor for me, I dont have alot, because ive set budgets for a couch/speaker system/etc.. for the cinema room so it really needs to be proper value for money, and no more than $500 but the cheaper the better.



What would you recommend and how should I set it up? I was planning on just getting some dark curtains to block out the sunlight, and fix the projector to the ceiling, then project it onto a large wall with no screen would this be appropiate?



Any other info would be much appreciated thanks for your time...What home theater projector should I buy for under $500?
For your budget I would suggest Epson S6 Powerlite 2200 Lumens SVGA Multimedia Projector.Color-rich 3LCD; 3-chip optical engine.2200 lumens color; 2200 lumens white light

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G2U鈥?/a>



or InFocus Work Big IN2102EP Projector 2500 lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012PQ鈥?/a>What home theater projector should I buy for under $500?
I recommend InFocus Work Big IN2102EP Projector
When you read specs on a Projector that claims to be HD, and yet the resolution is 640 x 480, make sure you read further. A lot of them have a native resolution of 480i but, if they have a DVI cable connection ( which some of them do, they actually can upscale an image to 720p which is HiDef. But those are more pricey new so that is why they are high priced on ebay... If you are going to spend up to $500, then you should be able to buy a low end HD compat at Best Buy on sale, or at a closeout when new models come in. If you wait long enough and a unit is the last one and they ar not geting in any more of that model, you can usually talk to the manager about a deal...just make sure its a functioning unit and not a non-working display model. On average, store demos that actually work, probablly ony have about 30 hours total on a the bulb. BUT since the salesperson is probably turning it on and off repeteadly, the bulb itself may have some shock issues....If you do buy a demo, get the perormance plan on it so then if the bulb dies on you, you can get a new one as they will usually replace a bulb once during the period of a service plan and its most likely the piece that will be damaged. If you buy one on ebay, maybe you will get lucky and buy one from the guy whos sold me mine. I got a $3,000 unit with less than 80 hours on a 2,000 hour bulb....for $300

No comments:

Post a Comment