Friday, November 19, 2010

Home ownership refi question? 1st time buyer?

My fiance and I are looking to purchase a home, however I have already owned a home, how would I know if the loan I got was a 1st time buyers loan? I bought a duplex 3 yrs ago with no money down and no closing costs out of pocket, at a 9 percent ARM, which has since been refinanced, this was my 1st home and 1st refi....also he has never actually bought a home in his name, but he did refi with his ex wife on her home she had already owned when they got together, does this count as a 1st time home owners loan for him also or is he still eligible for the benefits available to a 1st time home owner?Home ownership refi question? 1st time buyer?
First time buyer doesn't always mean a person who hasn't purchased a home previously. There are sometimes time limits. If you haven't owned a home for X number of years, you may be considered a first time buyer for certain loans. You have to ask your lender what the requirements are for first time buyers. You may actually qualify yourself.Home ownership refi question? 1st time buyer?
He may be a first time home owner. Look him up online to see if his name was included on the deed with hers after the refi.

No comments:

Post a Comment