Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I make candy bars at home?

I LOVE candy that has milk chocolate, peanut butter, and nuts in them. Hersheys milk chocolate with almonds or peanuts, reeeses peanut butter cups, M%26amp;M's, with almonds or peanuts...u get the picture. When it comes to those candies, I am addicted, and impulse control is hard and I don't want to control it. But money does become an issue when I'm spending ten dollars a week strictly on chocolately, nutty candy. I'll eat a candy bar as a snack or for dessert every day...that's seven days a week. Since I don't have that kind of money to spend on buying my favorite candy bars and I don't want to deny myself of them, I figured it would be cheaper to make my own bars. But I have no clue how to start. All I can think of is put some almond slivers into an ice-tray and pour some hershey's chocolate on them, and freeze them. But if I do that, how do I get the candy out in one peice w/or ruining the candy or the ice-tray? I just want to make candy bars for my own consumption. Please help. Thanks.How do I make candy bars at home?
no idea lol u can melt bakers chocolate and try to make it urself by testing out thingsHow do I make candy bars at home?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/431546/goldwrapped_homemade_christmas_gifts.html

Report Abuse


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/433968/homemade_christmas_nobake_delicacies.html

Report Abuse


I've developed my own recipe for some awesome ';mock peanut butter cups'; and they are good! I take a few BIG spoonfulls of peanut butter (maybe a cup or so) and a few tablespoons of butter and melt them together in the microwave, then I mix in powdered sugar until it's a thick texture- not too much or they'll break apart when you go to cut them. I spread that into a glass pan and in a seperate bowl I pour some chocolate chips and a splash of heavy whipping cream (maybe a cup of chips and 2 or 3 tablespoons of cream) and I melt that together in the microwave. Try 45 seconds and if you stir and it's not melted go for another 15, stirring after each time, until it's done. spread your chocolate on top and put it in the fridge to firm up, cut into squares and there you have it!
Tht's a pretty ambicoius undertaking but, here you go.



CRUST

8 1/2 oz Milk chocolate chips

8 1/2 oz Peanut butter, creamy

5 oz Corn flakes, crushed lightly

MOUSSE

12 oz Butter

12 oz Confectioner's sugar

2 oz Cocoa powder

5 oz Semisweet chocolate

4 x Pasteurized egg yolks

2 cup Heavy cream

GANACHE

1 oz Sugar

2 cup Heavy cream

20 oz Semisweet chocolate



CRUST: Line a 9 x 13'; cake pan with parchment paper. Melt milk chocolate in a double boiler. Stir peanut butter into melted chocolate. Place crushed corn flakes in a bowl and stir chocolate/peanut butter mixture over them, mixing well.

Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and cool in refrigerator.

MOUSSE: Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer fitted with a paddle, beating until light and fluffy. Add sifted cocoa powder and mix well. Scrape down bowl and add chocolate. Continue mixing and add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in heavy cream that has been beaten to firm peak. Mix well to incorporate, leaving no white streaks in the chocolate.

Spread mousse over crust. Chill about 2 hours, until set. Cut into desired size bars (1 x 4-1/2 '; cuts will yield about 2 dozen bars)

with a sharp knife dipped in hot water. Place bars on a cooling rack that has been placed over a clean baking sheet. If bars are soft, place rack in freezer until ganache is ready. (Bars may be completed at this time or coated with ganache)

GANACHE: Melt chocolate in double boiler. Mix sugar and heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring mixture to a slow boil over low heat

(be careful not to scorch the cream). Pour cream over chocolate and stir with a whisk to incorporate, making sure all the chocolate is melted. Strain mixture to remove any pieces of unmelted chocolate.

Let cool for about 1 hour.

Pour ganache over firm bars to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm ganache.

No comments:

Post a Comment