Sunday, November 21, 2010

EBaying the right to prevent an Abortion? Interested in the legality...?

I was thinking to myself about absurd eBay auctions...I remember reading about a girl who auctioned her virginity on the site, as I recall an Australian businessman paid millions of dollard to take her v-card.



I had an idea for another such auction, (no, I'm not in this position, and will not actually be doing it):



Say you were a single, pregnant, teenage girl with no parents to lean on, who didn't want to have the baby and have to live in poverty on government assistance. You feel that your best option is to have an abortion, not wanting the child to grow up with nothing. Could you hold an auction on eBay, allowing people to bid on the opportunity to allow you to keep your child versus aborting it? The winning bidder, (with some minimum dollar amount set of course), would buy the right for your child to live. In the process you could/would make enough money to buy a proper home, upbringing, and education for the child.



Were you in this destitute position would you consider doing this? Would it work? Would it be legal? How much would you pay as the bidder?



Thanks!EBaying the right to prevent an Abortion? Interested in the legality...?
This is a very interesting debate...

I don't know if it would be legal or not, but I guess you said that girl selling her virginity was legal... You never know what people wil pay for in Ebay.EBaying the right to prevent an Abortion? Interested in the legality...?
Totally morally unnacceptable.
I believe it would be much too close to human trafficking and trading which is very illegal. I have seen a website that ended up being a hoax where the couple claimed to need $50,000 before a certain date and if they didn't get it, they would go through with their abortion plans. But it was a hoax.



Peace,

Jenn
I am a single, pregnant teenager, and i would certainly not put my baby on eBay. Get a job moron. Find something else to do with your time.
That would be awful! Imagine knowing that your mum had only kept you as she'd been paid to!
I think it's disgusting idea personally.
Only extreme sickos would go for that idea. A baby is not the same as a virginity, would you like to know that the only reason your alive is because someone PAID for you to be alive instead of the parents deciding?
I am pro-life, that is not the worst idea ever, selling a baby is definetly better than killing a baby!
IM SO AMAZED AT HOW MANY WACKOS THERE ARE IN THE WORLD AND THEY ALL COME AND GATHER TO YA! GEESH
Just do it the old fashioned way...do some street walking. Johns dig pregnant girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment