Friday, November 19, 2010

Advice needed on conflicts over family home?

Basically me and my partner are looking to buy a home that we could raise a family in.



The problem is that he is quite keen on living on the south coast, where we do atm, 3 hours from his parents and 5 hours from mine.



He feels that it would still be ok because they'd simply go and spend weeks at a time with the grandparents on school holidays etc which would also be good for us having a break from them.



BUT his parents are rich. They have two large spare rooms and land and don't have to work and money to do fun things - plenty of fun for the kids - but my parents have none of that.



I doubt my parents could afford to take a couple of week off work to babysit and even if they could the kids would be stuck in the same room with no where to go...



So to me we need to be closer to my parents - how can i make him see my pov?Advice needed on conflicts over family home?
So you're thinking it would be best to go to your parents home, visit , then return home in the same day? Or stay at a hotel? Whereas, you could probably stay overnight at his parents house because they have more room.I don't know any grandparents who want family to stay with them for weeks at a time. I'd say 3-4 days max. I'm sure they love to see their grandchildren, but this is ';their ' retirement.... they already raised a family.

You should raise yours. Advice needed on conflicts over family home?
From what I'm reading, your partner doesn't want the kids during school holidays.
Ah I have same problem... dno how to solve it. gud luck
Telll him what you wrote here.
No solutions will be obtained until we try to solve it. So have a coffee with him and explain you point.



Make him believe that you are ok with his decision and ask him why don't we do this?



May be you will get a better chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment