Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bringing huge sum of money from home country (Nepal) to repay mortgage in UK?

Hello there,



Thanks for taking your time to read this, I am from Nepal and my dad is ex British Gurkha. We are currently living in North west London. Well i know it's in the blood of most of the older generation Gurkha's (no disrespect) from Nepal who are mostly innocent and easily fooled and who don't really think ahead as long as their family, friends and relatives are living peacefully in the presence.



I think now you kinda got an idea of what I am going to talk about from the title and the little introduction i gave above....Well my parents took a loan for a mortgage to buy a house in UK. My parents didn't have any idea how bad taking loan was. (Well actually to be honest it's over 80% of the people who take mortgage loan are in serious debt after doing some of my research). I am not going to say what the exact value of loan my parents got, but it's somewhere between 拢100k to 拢200k......After telling my parents how much money they have to pay back to bank only in interest for over 20 years just to own a house....they kind of seem worried...hate to see my parents upset and worried!!!! (Gurkha's blood starts to run violently in my veins) I think it's natural for most of the generation of Gurkha's when they see someone they love get disturbed like that......Don't worry mom %26amp; dad your son is still here, will do best what I can......Later I gave them an idea how they can sell some properties in Nepal and bring the money here to pay the mortgage.....and so they agreed with me....



But I have got stuck in this point that.......Is it even legal or even allowed to bring those huge of sum of money to bring in UK? Wait before someone starts to think negative (money laundering) let me make clear that it's the savings of my dad while he was serving for British Army for nearly 40 years....I know low pay and low pension blah blah blah....oh well that's life, I don't want to complain....I'll just accept it, in fact I am grateful to them or else maybe I wouldn't even be here.....Alright enough about the past and long story...let me just make it simple....



Does anyone know any service or company(well known) that can help us bring the huge amount of money legally and by cheapest and safest mean (kind of too much to ask...hehe cheapest and safest).....so that my innocent parents can pay off their mortgage and live the debt free life........ :(.......btw I call my parents innocent because after comparing the world I've seen....they're just way too innocent....knows no lies or hate just want to live peacefully with family friends and neighbors.....



Thank you very much for taking your time to read this. Apologizes to them who thinks it's inappropriate to write these things here....please do not leave any negative comment......Actually I just came to write the last sentence but I just couldn't resist to tell how many other innocent people like my parents are in debt and may have similar thoughts....



Thanks once again.Bringing huge sum of money from home country (Nepal) to repay mortgage in UK?
Go and have a talk with the bank that they have there mortgage with. They will know all the ways that you can arrange the transfer of money from Nepal too England. The banks are best because they are Government guaranteed. Lots of other people will just try and take as much of it as they can. You will probably have fee to pay when they have done it, but at least it's safeBringing huge sum of money from home country (Nepal) to repay mortgage in UK?
Can you not just transfer it through a bank..? Or maybe western Union have some sort of sub company that deals with larger sums of money..
There is no problem bringing large sums into the country - but there may be taking it out of India or back out of UK. Just talk to your bank manager and mortgage company - they will have the best advice.
I hear that PayPal is a cheap and sometimes even a free way of transferring money between private individuals. Go to the PayPal website at www.paypal.com and look up the services they offer there. PayPal is very secure. See the ';send money to a friend'; link which I've put below. By the way, this ';send money to a friend'; service appears to be a free service that PayPal offer. But it would be wise to check with PayPal first before sending this amount to ensure there is no charge.
this is way too long...and I cant work out what your question is...surely a money transfer would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment