Sunday, November 21, 2010

I know I should get over it, but I can't, and I know I'm giving everyone a hard time, what can I do?

I had posted a question about my in-laws living with us, and how I didn't like it, and if I should be wrong. Which obviously most of you agreed with me. I also had a miscarriage last week on the 31st.



Its been a week since the miscarriage(I'm still hurting) it was my 1st pregnancy with my hubby. Its been a lil over a month since my in-laws moved in with us. I know that they are going to be with us for up to a year, until we build our own home. So, I know that theres nothing I can do about it.



But yet I can't seem to be happy, I seriously can't seem to smile, I'm just with an angry face one minute, the next I'm ';okay'; I just have so much anger at everyone for making this decision to have my in-laws with their 3 kids! to move in with us, when I didn't want to! I told my parents, and my hubby that no I did not want that to happen. But everyone else was so happy already :(



I'm angry at my husband for not thinking about me, he was just so happy that we were finally able to buy a house(that was the whole plan to buy it with his parents and us) I mean I'm so sure that it never crossed his mind and asked himself ';would my wife be happy coming home to find my mom, and brothers and sister?'; when I see that its 4 pm I start getting moody, I mean its like i have no home, its like I feel like we're not buying the house, we're just buying our room, since my in-laws added their couches to our living room(my hubby and I lived there first), and well the whole kitchen is like my mother-in-law.



I mean what can I do to look at the bright side? Seriously, I bought 2 books to kill time, but its not the same. I know I'm giving my husband a hard time about it, but I just feel like he should have thought about me, instead of getting all happy that we were going to buy not rent. I had no hurry to buy a home, especially with the economy how it is, besides we had already opened a savings account, I was and am taking money out of my check to transfer to my savings account. I thought that we would buy a home in like 2 years, on our OWN, not with his family. Now i'm stuck, literally for like a year! Please someone give me some good advice, of what I can do to be positive? No smart remarks please.



Oh and we've only been married for one year and 2 months, but living on our own for 2 years! We're both young in our early 20's so its not like we were old, and it was time to buy a home.I know theres advantages of buying, but was it really good to buy it with his family??I know I should get over it, but I can't, and I know I'm giving everyone a hard time, what can I do?
I'm 20, and my husband is 27, and when we first got married, we lived with my husband's grandparents until we saved money to move out. It was the most horrible experience ever. I HATED living there. Not to mention, at the time, my daughter was 2....and his grandparents are mega boring...so I just sat in a bedroom with my 2 year old all day. I tried to leave as often as I could. I didn't have anything in common with his grandparents, and they just talked about my husband's ex g/f and how great she is and they have her pictures hanging around their house. If I had to do that again, there's absolutely NO WAY I would ever live with his family....and I don't know how I did it. I also has a miscarriage twice. We've only been married for a little over a year too. And my husband's mom said that she would buy us a house if she could live there too. NOOOOOO WAAAAAY. Like you said...you guys aren't old...you have your own life to live...not with in-laws! I'd take my apartment any day over a house with someone else living there! And when you live with other people, you really realize how much privacy you lose....feel like you need to put on pants to go to the bathroom at night...can't walk around naked if you feel like it lol...it sucksI know I should get over it, but I can't, and I know I'm giving everyone a hard time, what can I do?
First, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult miscarriage can be emotionally. Just from reading your post, it was NOT a good thing to buy a home with his family. Marriage is tough enough when there are just two people involved in making household decisions!



Your husband should have thought of your feelings, but he was probably so excited at the thought of homeownership, and probably thought he was doing the right thing by you. Okay...so he didn't. You need to try to accept that you're in this situation for the next year. There *IS* a light at the end of the tunnel! I would suggest that you avoid starting a family while you're still with your in-laws. Pregnancy is physically and emotionally draining, and you have enough on your plate right now.



Try talking to your husband again. Calmly explain that YOU have some needs that aren't being met. Maybe you two can come up with a plan to present to his family that would allow for evenings when you and hubby can have the house to yourselves. On the flip-side, it will give you and your husband opportunities for more ';date nights.';



I wish I had more to offer, but I do wish you the best of luck.
You should see a doctor. Sounds like a hormone imbalance related to your miscarriage. You can't be mentally happy if your body isn't balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment