Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to stop my father in law interfering with our money?

My husband and I have a small business and my in laws have a larger business. We have a comfy income and flexible work hours but my father in law keeps pushing us to buy more equipment and he gets into my husbands ear and tells him to buy more equipment that we don't even need of have the work for. Its frustrating he is constantly telling us how to run our business and snooping around about our finances. My husband discloses things he shouldn't. I feel like I have no privacy. Anyway I would like to save up and buy a second home that is more suitable than what we have as we now have children. He keeps pushing my husband to go into more debt and buy machinery when that wont help us get a new house. My husband gets these ideas but then I ask him how he intends to get work for these machines and it comes back to blank. I am so sick of my Father in law interfering. How do i politely tell him to *uck off. without my husband getting mad with me.How to stop my father in law interfering with our money?
Talk to your husband and you BOTH have to be there to say it. It doesn't work if you tell your father-in-law to piss off and your father-in-law is able to see a weak link in your husband who would bend to his ';advice';...you have to put up a united front so talk to your husband about it. Right now is not the best time to get into more debt...Where has your husband and father-in-law been? the economy sucks bad, you have to be saving and keeping afloat right now not accumalating more debt otherwise next thing you know you will be moving into your father-in-laws house because your home and everything got taken away..stick the safe way for now till everything is more secure.How to stop my father in law interfering with our money?
Thats a tough one. You need to convince you husband to do it! If you do you will forever be the ***** of the family!
Tell him, although you appreciate his concerns and guidance and you are sure he wants the best for you guys. You want you and your husband to manage the business, you want for you guys to stand on your own two feet. You feel like this is something you guys can do. You guys want the experience without having someone to watch out for every mistakes. Tell him also if you guys ever should need some advice, you will be the first one to come to him and you feel comfortable that he will give you some good advice.
Start with your husband. Talk to him that you are comfortable with the income that you guys have now. With the bad economy, it's not the right time to be buying this machines.



You could tell your father in law nicely, and tell him that his idea is great, but your family cannot afford the investment with the present economy.



Also suggest that he (your father- in- law) can buy the machines and put it in your business, and if it doesn't work, you are not responsible because he is the one pushing it in your nose (figuratively speaking). And if it works and made a profit, it's going to be a 50/50 division of profit.



I hope this idea will get your father in law off your back.
Make your hubby do the telling off. If you get into an altercation with your father in law (regardless of whether you are in the right or not) you will end up being the bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment