Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I get the more money from an old car?

I have a 1983 nissan 4 wheel, Iiked it but the transmission is not working no more Ihave it parked at home since 2 years already, flat tires etc. I just don't want to give it away or dump it, I want to sell it but of course nobody would buy it because the cost is more to fix the transmission. What can I do with it, to get the most money out of it?How can I get the more money from an old car?
';I have a 1983 nissan 4 wheel....';



I have to assume that, by the above statement, you mean it's a four wheel drive. If this is so, then you can still get some pretty good money for it. Those old Nissan 4x4 Hardbodies are very rare and in somewhat of a high demand. I don't know where you live, but I live right by the Mexican border and I see those trucks being towed into Mexico all the time. The Mexicans like the fact that the truck is 4x4, but still very economical with gas. And, they're willing to buy it and fix it because they like those trucks so much.



If I were you, I'd simply post an ad on Craigslist.com and just be honest about the tranny not working. If the other parts are good and the body is rust free, then you should still get a buyer.



The other option would be for you to sell it in parts. It'll take longer to sell everything, but you'll get the most money out of it that way.



Last thing. That I know of, charities won't take non-working vehicles because they don't have money to be fixing it and then selling it. It's like you're giving them more of a burden than a blessing.How can I get the more money from an old car?
Donate it to a worthy charity. You will get a tax deduction for your donation which will get you a refund on your taxes. Otherwise, you will have to pay to have it towed away. It is junk. If it was running, you could get a nice price for it as a classic car. But it will never run again because the cost to fix it is higher than the worth.
wash it. call it an ';antique that will be worth tons in the future'; $$$$ SOLD!!!
Don't assume its worthless to everyone.



Some people might have mechanic skills but little money and an uncle with a junkyard so they can get a used transmission for free and then install it themselves.



Id call junkyards and see what they offer you. Then price it $100-200 higher and stick it on craigslist and see if you get any takers. It might take a few months. Or it might not sell at all.



Cleaning it up as good as possible will help if anyone except a junkyard ends up buying it.



Your car has value. The question is, is it worth $100, $150 or up to $350-400.



Depends on finding the exact person who wants one and can do the work on their own. Hard but not impossible. And it might not be worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment