Sunday, December 11, 2011

Can I evict my parents from my house?

My parents nearly lost their home as it was in foreclosure. They were able to sell it and get very little money from it. I agreed to buy a home to accomodate us all, and from their house sale, $16,000 was placed towards the downpayment. They do not pay the mortgage, which was promised to me that they would. I pay the utilities and am currently using savings in my name (that belongs to my mom so creditors would not get it) to pay the mortgage. I used my good credit to buy the house but wanted to live somewhere else I could better afford. Now I have the house on the market to sell. My parents are alcoholics and have made life unbearable for me with the vile names. I live in one room of the house to avoid them. Can I evict them? They have no lease and won't sign one now. They did put money towards the downpayment I have a lot of emotional issues and regret the choice I made in doing this. How do I get out of it if the house does not sell? I won't work 2 jobs to help them.Can I evict my parents from my house?
Are they on the title? Is their name anywhere in any paperwork? If you wanna go the tough-love route serve them thirty day notice to vacate and then file formal eviction notice. Put them on the street and then sell the house.



Be sure they know if they mention the down-payment and mom's savings the court will probably confiscate that money and turn it over to their creditors.



As you are paying nothing but the utilities, I say you are morally obligated to hold all the money in safe-keeping for them.



I would propose you find a very lenient (can we say stupid) landlord who will rent to them without your involvement and then you can give them a monthly allowance from the proceeds of the house and mom's savings. I'd make it at a level than would last about 10 years or so.Can I evict my parents from my house?
Make it your driving passion to sell this house and then return to your parents the money advanced for the down payment, and the money your mother has advanced to pay the mortgage.



I mean, even if you have to take a loss to complete the sale, sell.
Sorry about your plight but we do not get involved in family affairs. Contact a good lawyer. You may lose your parent's affection and respect for whatever action you may take against them. It sounds like a case of '; good riddance ';.
You should get everything on paper. But hind sight is 20/20. What you need to do at this point is talk to a lawyer who has real estate knowledge. You're probably not going to get anything out of this deal. You may be responsible for the house payments depending on how the paperwork is drawn up. Unfortunately your emotional problems with your parents probably won't factor in to the end deal. I don't understand the part about the money is savings. If its their money you should give it back to them and just get out from under the contract and get your own place. Get the house out of your name and let the house sale be up to your parents. Getting your name off the paperwork is a must so your credit won't suffer. Again talk to a lawyer. Good luck and talk to a lawyer quickly.
Your parents may have moved into your home after some years of their living apart from you. This means that you and your parents formed life-styles and habits independently of one another for the greater part of your lives. In the course of several decades, those life-styles and habits may have become very different. But now, as a caregiver, you are confronted with the need to blend your life harmoniously with those in your care. This can be more difficult than if you had been living together all along.



Although, commendably, you may be supplying what is required, this situation understandably puts day-to-day pressures on you. Caring for your parents is natural. Growing old and getting sick is not. The Creator never purposed that people lose their strength and health with age. Therefore, do not think there is something wrong with you because the situation requires more, emotionally and physically, than you had foreseen.



Your parents鈥?needs exceed what you are able to provide, and what is required here is help from an outside source. You said your parents have an addiction, try contacting professional help and get them the help they need first. Or, it might help if you enlist the aid of a trusted friend who knows your abilities, your limitations, and your family situation.



Getting them the help needed will be an improvement and then you will see your housing situation will get better. So start by getting them professional help for their addictions.
My Advice to you is for you to suck it up!! and be the man in the house, and accept the responsibly given to you. really if you have a problem with them how about you move out of your own house and get an APT.. since i guessing that you are too old to live with your parents. and how dare you even think about kicking out your own parents. since they raise you into the proud person you are. so how about showing some respect for your parents.



Also if you do this how will he rest of your family feel about you

No comments:

Post a Comment